A new shingle roof is a great option for replacing your existing roof. Today’s shingle roofs last longer than the shingle roofs installed 10+ years ago. They have higher wind speed resistance than older roofs and the new peel and stick underlayments add a secondary water barrier that can add years of life to your new roof. Below is a summary of the installation process for your new roof and several photos of roofs we have installed.
- Remove existing roofing material down to the wood decking
- Replace damaged roof decking, fascia and other lumber where needed
- Renail roof decking to secure your roof to your house
- Install self adhering underlayment directly to your roof deck (this is the first layer of water intrusion protection)
- Install new, High quality shingles from very established manufacturers. You can pick the brand and the color from the many options available.
- Clean up, haul away and then clean up again. Its really messy. We understand its important to clean up well the first time but the thousands of pieces may require us to come back. Freedom Roofers are your neighbors. When you call us, we respond.
- WARRANTY Your shingles will have 30-40 year warranties from big companies who stand behind their products. But you also have a local contact, Freedom Roofers who will provide you with addition protection with our NO CHARGE warranty repairs. If your roof leaks after we have installed it, you call us directly.